1 a boneless steak cut from the tenderloin of beef [syn: filet]
3 a bundle of sensory nerve fibers going to the thalamus [syn: lemniscus]
5 fastener consisting of a narrow strip of welded metal used to join steel members [syn: stopping]
1 decorate with a lace of geometric designs [syn: filet]
2 cut into filets; "filet the fish" [syn: filet]
- fĭ'lĭt, /ˈfɪlɪt/, /"fIlIt/
- Rhymes: -ɪlɪt
- (also filet) A strip or compact piece of meat or fish from which any bones have been removed.
- A thin flat moulding/molding used as separation between larger mouldings.
- (clothing) A flat piece of cloth used as a headband esp. with a wimple.
- In the context of "engineering|drafting|CAD": A rounded relief or cut at an edge, especially an inside edge, added for a finished appearance and to break sharp edges.
- (rounded inside edge): round
rounded relief or cut
make into fillets
apply, etc, a rounded or filled corner to
Filet or Fillet may refer to:
- Fillet (mechanics), in mechanical engineering, a concave easing of an interior corner of a part used to reduce stress concentration (pronounced “fill-it”)
- Annulet (architecture), in architecture, small annulets - which are small square components in the Doric capital, under the quarter-round
- Fillet (cut), a boneless cut of meat or fish.
- Fillet (clothing), a headband typically worn with a wimple
- Fillet (webzine), an early cooking webzine dedicated to fine dining, which appeared in HotWired between 1996-1997
- Filet, Switzerland, a village in the canton of Valais
fillet in Japanese: ヒレ
Mystik tape, Scotch tape, adhesive tape, anklet, armlet, band, bandage, bandeau, batten, belt, bracelet, cellophane tape, cincture, cingulum, cloth tape, collar, collarband, earring, ecliptic, equator, fascia, finger ring, friction tape, girdle, girt, girth, great circle, hoop, lath, ligula, ligule, list, masking tape, neckband, necklace, nose ring, plank, plastic tape, quoit, ribband, ribbon, ring, shred, slat, slip, spill, spline, strake, strap, strip, stripe, strop, taenia, tape, tape measure, tapeline, ticker tape, wristband, wristlet, zodiac, zone